To be eligible for a COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme loan you must:
- be a resident of Australia, verifiable with proof of identification and proof of address
- be 18 years of age or over
- be an individual buying art for private use not for any commercial undertaking or business activity
- not have any other outstanding COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme loans
- currently operate an Australian bank or building society account that can process direct debits
- not be a current employee of the arts business from which the artwork will be purchased
- not be a current employee of Arts Tasmania
- have read and accepted the terms and conditions of a COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme loan which are detailed below.
Terms and conditions
- The commissioning or purchase of artwork through the scheme is only available through COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme approved arts businesses.
- A loan application cannot be processed until Arts Tasmania has received a signed Holding Form from the arts business and has proof of your address and identity.
- The loan application is subject to approval from Arts Tasmania.
- Loan amounts must be between $1 000 and $8 500.
- The minimum retail price of all artworks to be purchased is $550 and the maximum retail price of an artwork to be purchased is $11 500.
- For the purposes of the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme, direct debit is the only form of payment available. A direct debit payment schedule will be established for an account you nominate based on 12 monthly loan instalments. The date of the repayments will be predetermined by Arts Tasmania and detailed in the Loan Agreement.
- Should any one instalment due to the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme be dishonoured, a fee, currently $25, will be charged. This fee must be paid along with the payment of the instalment that was dishonoured.
- Should any one instalment due to the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme be unpaid within five days of the due date, the outstanding loan balance will become payable immediately and accrue interest at the rate of 13 per cent per annum.
- The loan must not exceed the 12 month period or you will be charged interest on any unpaid amounts due to Arts Tasmania at the rate of 13 per cent per annum, until payment in full is made.
- The loan will be increased by the sum of any interest accruing to late payments, payments in default and the court fees and legal expenses of any action incurred by the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme arising from your default.
- The loan can be paid in full at any time within the 12 month period without penalty for early repayment.
- If you do not take up the offer of loan within five working days the offer may automatically lapse.
- For the purposes of the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme, you are only able to have one COLLECT loan outstanding at any one time. While you are able to purchase more than one artwork, they are required to be part of the one loan agreement and must fulfil the general eligibility for artworks.
- For the purposes of the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme the arts business lay-by system cannot be used in conjunction with the loan.
- An offer of a loan by Arts Tasmania is in no way an indicator of authenticity, value or merit of the work of art to be purchased. Customers must satisfy themselves as to the merit, value, investment opportunity and authenticity of any work of art purchased through the Scheme.
- In the event of loss, theft or damage of the artwork, Arts Tasmania takes no responsibility for the artwork.
- Loan recipients may not export the artwork out of Australia while any part of the loan is outstanding without the written consent of Arts Tasmania.
- Loan recipients must inform Arts Tasmania of any change of address whilst any part of the loan is outstanding.
- The COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme is intended for both Tasmanian and interstate residents to purchase Tasmanian works of art for their own private and personal enjoyment, and not as a commercial undertaking or business activity. Loans are not available for international residents.
- Any costs relating to packing and freight must not be included in the loan application request. If applicable, packing and freight costs must be paid by you directly to the arts business before the arts business will release the artwork to you.
- If the work is part of an exhibition then the work may not be released to you until after the exhibition has closed.
- You understand that by completing the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme application form you are authorising Arts Tasmania to undertake a credit check on you, as per Notice of Consent Concerning Credit Reports and Credit Information.
Right to information
The provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009 (Tas) apply to documents in the possession of Arts Tasmania. Under some circumstances documents held by Arts Tasmania may be subject to disclosure in response to a request made in accordance with the Act.
Personal information protection
The Tasmanian Government and its service providers value the privacy of every individual's personal information. We are committed to protecting the information we collect and use by compliance with the obligations provided under the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 (Tas).
Your personal information will be collected from you by Arts Tasmania for the purpose of undertaking the management of the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme.
Arts Tasmania will ensure that your personal information will not be used or disclosed to other State institutions and authorities except if required or allowed by law.
You may contact the Department's Personal Information Protection Officer on 1800 030 688 should you have any questions about the collection and use of your personal information by the Department.
Notice of consent concerning credit reports and credit information
I hereby give permission for the Department to obtain a credit report or reports on behalf of Arts Tasmania, either consumer or commercial, from a credit reporting agency and to use such information in order to assess my application for financial assistance and/or for the purpose of collecting overdue payments.
I hereby consent to the Department supplying a credit reporting agency with personal information about my financial application, where this will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 (Tas).
I hereby give permission for the Department to exchange information about my credit arrangements, including particulars about credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity, with any credit providers named in our financial application or named in any credit report, where this will comply with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 (Tas).
This permission remains in force for the duration of the loan.